This website is intended to possibly help others just by telling my story but does not constitute the answer of an ailment. Always seek medical advice from your primary care physician.
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. There are also affiliate links. I appreciate all of the support and comments on my website. Cheers to healthy tummies!
Learning how to use neti pot is imperative if you suffer from excess mucus or phelgm which could be, as in my case, causing your
Only use bottled water with your neti though---never use water from the faucet and always consult the directions that come with your neti pot.
I use mine just about everyday (especially during allergy season) and is one of the best things invented.
I am off the charts when it comes to producing excess mucus so it is crucial that I clear my sinuses everyday up to 4 times a day (bottled water only).
It helps me rid my sinuses of the mucus which in turns keeps me from enduring lower left abdominal pain or if I'm experiencing pain I know then that I need to clear my sinuses
1) First and foremost, consult the directions of your neti.
2) Have tissue handy to blow your nose.
3) Put the suggested amount of saline in your neti and the suggested amount of bottled water, put lid on pot.
4) Swish the water and the saline.
5) Tilt your head to the left (the side of your left face should be parallel to the ground) in order to clear your left sinus (or left nostril).
6) Put the spout in your right nostril and then gently pour the saline solution. Your positioning will be correct if the solution comes out of your left nostril. If the solution doesn’t come out, this means one of two things.
One-you must tilt your head more to the left, or Two-your sinuses are blocked. If your sinuses are blocked, you are probably experiencing lower left abdominal pain and blocked ears. Tilt to the right and try to clear the other side.
7) After solution comes out, blow the mucus out into sink and then blow your nose, more should then come out. Yay!
8) Repeat for the other side.
Note: If nothing comes out, it may be too late for the neti pot to be effective and you may need to take a trip to the doc.
I really hope this helps.
Remember to consult your neti package for directions especially for cleaning and care directions.
If you use it on a regular basis, it is important to keep it clean. Rinse out with hot water thoroughly.
I sometimes swish white vinegar around and let it sit for awhile and then rinse out with hot water and then dry it out thoroughly.
It can also go in the dishwasher on the top rack. It should be switched every six months.
I use mine in the morning when I wake up, as needed during the day (up to 4 times just depends) and before I go to bed.
I hope these how to use neti pot tips have helped. I absolutely love mine.
I hope this information has helped you. Please comment and share if it has. xo, V❤️
Dec 04, 22 01:25 AM
Apr 15, 21 03:20 PM
Apr 11, 21 03:54 PM